Tweet This weekend is promising to bring the first high(ish) temperatures of the year. And us Brits will seize the opportunity to either rush to a London park for a picnic or dust off the rusty old BBQ for a boozy Sunday afternoon in the garden. So, whether you’re a champagne socialist heading to Primrose […]
Archive | Gadgets & Paraphernalia RSS feed for this section
Tweet When I first moved in with my present wife four years ago, I decided to sell my PS2 and give up a life of gaming. I didn’t see this as a sacrifice, and it certainly wasn’t an act of submission to the impending life of servitude. No. Gaming for me had run its natural […]
Tweet The Wine Bottle Accessory Kit performs a balancing act between tat and cool. And, for me, cool just about wins out. The bottle shaped case worries me slightly – describesd as “matte black plastic” – I fear it may be similar to the cheap industial packaging of my Darth Vader figurine case ($26?!). The […]
Tweet Every now and then I come across a wine gadget or innovation that sings to me like a nightingale. The Whiner and Diner feeder is one such creation. Made out of old wine crates from European and Californian vineyards, the feeders house a couple of removable steel bowls. One for white one for red? […]
Tweet Every now and then you come across something so utterly preposterous that it almost defies belief. And so it is with the $30,000 Corkscrew from Svied. Remind me, there’s a recession on right? It may have an 18 carat gold fingertip lever, but take a look at this video. Personally, I would have lost the […]
Tweet This is a Wine Vault. A $35,000 Wine Vault to be precise. Looking like a prop straight out of Ocean’s 11, the manufacturer describes this as a “must for luxury homes”. The stainless steel monolith features a Cellar Management System accessed through a flat screen display. But the best thing about this contraption is […]
Tweet There are some pointless inventions that, despite their utter pointlessness, are technically astounding or creatively beguiling. The “watering can” decanter is not one of these. Take a look at the picture opposite and answer me me honestly, “Why?” This ‘RainMan’ decanter is supposed to provide a curious way to aerate your wine. A number […]
Tweet Introducing the “blend your own wine” kit. It’s called Fusebox and I want one now. According to the makers “You’ll learn how to turn a good wine into a great one and gain an appreciation for why blending is the highest art form in winemaking.” What you get is 6 bottles of blending wine, […]
Tweet I have to confess that I’m a sucker for pointless gadgets. Not even the impending collapse of Western Capitalism could stop me whipping out the credit card on this one. This has got “Amaze your guests with gravity defying wine bottle stand” written all over it but I fear it’ll end up […]
Tweet For this blogger, much of the joy of wine relates to the rituals associated with the serving of this most precious of liquids. So when I recently came across The Skybar Wine Preservation and Optimization System I felt a tad discombobulated. I’m still (metaphorically) scratching my head as I write this post. […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 11, 2012
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- David Mitchell is whining about wine November 24, 2012
- Zombie Wine: We’re coming to get you Barbara November 24, 2012
- When Fashion and Wine Collide… November 14, 2012
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...
- alex: Gavin Williams Profile: "As an independent consul...
- Dave Menzies: I used to be tempted by the "half price" offers...
- Anders: Dan Jago is a wine man. Rowan Gormley is a markete...