Tweet So, it turns out that the “box of wine in a microwave” is a fake. Bummer. Still at least we now get an introduction to ‘Microwave specialist’ Jory Caron, from the hit YouTube Series, “Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?”. Here he displays a CSI like determination to prove why the video […]
Archive | Just Plain Weird RSS feed for this section
Tweet When I was younger, my mother warned me about putting metal in a microwave. These guys put a large box of wine in their microwave and blew a hole in the wall of their kitchen. Some people would argue that this is the best possible solution for the problem of boxed wine.
Tweet Wine freezes at about 15 degrees Fahrenheit. But what can you do with the wine once it’s frozen? Well, make a piece of art of course! This took the artist 7 hours to put together and 1 hour to fall apart, and why he felt compelled to drink the stuff at the end is […]
Tweet I’ve just returned from the village shop carrying a bag of coal on my shoulder and a bottle of Shiraz under my arm. Shoreham is covered in snow. And it looks simply stunning. Now that I’m home and the fire is starting to roar I really fancy some ice cream. Cold and snow do […]
Tweet My wife is looking for a lampshade for the bedroom in our new cottage. I said to her “Forget the lampshade luv, lets get ourselves a wine glass chandelier by John Harrington.” There’s a choice of a 150 glass chandelier or a 300 glass one. We’ve a small cottage so I think…no hang on, […]
Tweet With a baby on the way, the wife and I have just had our flat re-decorated. As a result we have a bunch of empty paint cans knocking around the garden looking for a way to make themselves useful. At no stage have I thought to myself that they would make great vessels for […]
Tweet Impending fatherhood has got me thinking about the relationship that my offspring will have with alcohol. I’m thinking “What age should he take his first sip of Ridge Lytton Springs?”. This picture is reassuring. CAPTION IT!!!
Tweet It’s not often that WineOfTheWeek copies and pastes articles from the press but this piece in the Guardian is so well put that, ladies and gentlemen, I present below a damning indictment of our once proud nation. Personally I hope this trend of Supermarket madness continues and that consumers seek out alternative, independent retail […]
Tweet News in from my home county. The BBC reports that Dorset licensing chiefs have pulled the rug from under a round-the-clock alcohol delivery service over fears about potential disorder. The budding businessmen behind the idea are a couple of likely lads named Jacob Scott and Chris Davis. Trading under the company name “After Hours” […]
Tweet Harry Potter is about to return to the big screen again, and it’s fair to assume that we’ll get another two hours of tedium until we get to the good bit at the end where Dumbledor is killed by Snape. (SPOILER ALERT!! I’ve just spoiled it!) Anyway, I knew there had to be a […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 11, 2012
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- David Mitchell is whining about wine November 24, 2012
- Zombie Wine: We’re coming to get you Barbara November 24, 2012
- When Fashion and Wine Collide… November 14, 2012
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...
- alex: Gavin Williams Profile: "As an independent consul...
- Dave Menzies: I used to be tempted by the "half price" offers...
- Anders: Dan Jago is a wine man. Rowan Gormley is a markete...