Tweet Academy award nominee John C. Reilly has created an absurd new character called Dr Steve Brule in a series of short videos for the AdultSwim channel. When Dr Steve decides to give wine tasting a chance, carnage ensues. WARNING! This video contains scenes of projectile vomiting.
Archive | Video Magic RSS feed for this section
Tweet It’s not quite Spinal Tap but Christopher Guest, Michael Mckean and Harry Shearer ask us to consider a horrific vinous combination. Ladies and Gentlemen I present The Folksmen from A Mighty Wind with ‘Corn Wine’ and the immortal refrain: Consider the corn, Consider the wine One’s in a hurry, one takes it’s time If […]
Tweet Ok, so this video has been knocking around for a while but it still resonates with me and is definitely worth a first or repeat view. Thinking of giving up your day job to a live of service to the vine? This video uses the extraordinary website ‘text to move’ website Xtranormal. Check it […]
Tweet What is it about our very human nature that revels in other peoples misfortune? This clip of a FOX News presenter conducting an interview treading grapes still has me smiling. At precisely 55 seconds our hapless interviewer pays dearly for a moment of bravado. The frankly unsettling yelps of agony are simply bizarre. As […]
Picture the ad agency meeting. It’s 1983. Australian wines have yet to make their breakthrough in the UK. Client and account Director are trying to find a way into this lucrative market through a penetrating TV campaign…
Tweet So, it turns out that the “box of wine in a microwave” is a fake. Bummer. Still at least we now get an introduction to ‘Microwave specialist’ Jory Caron, from the hit YouTube Series, “Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?”. Here he displays a CSI like determination to prove why the video […]
Tweet Regular readers of this blog will recall my how utterly distraught I was last summer after accidentally spilling wine of my brand new MacBookPro. In this video, some muppet decides to deliberately pour a glass of wine AND a glass of lemonade over a laptop keyboard in order to proove that he can get […]
Tweet When I was younger, my mother warned me about putting metal in a microwave. These guys put a large box of wine in their microwave and blew a hole in the wall of their kitchen. Some people would argue that this is the best possible solution for the problem of boxed wine.
Tweet Wine freezes at about 15 degrees Fahrenheit. But what can you do with the wine once it’s frozen? Well, make a piece of art of course! This took the artist 7 hours to put together and 1 hour to fall apart, and why he felt compelled to drink the stuff at the end is […]
Tweet Two girls in bar. Adonis walks in and runs his hand through wavy hair. Predatory blonde approaches man leaving Plain Jane friend to sit on her own…but wait, what’s this? Plain Jane friend leaps to her feet like a gazelle and places herself in front of Wavy hair man. Plain Jane grabs a wine […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 11, 2012
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- David Mitchell is whining about wine November 24, 2012
- Zombie Wine: We’re coming to get you Barbara November 24, 2012
- When Fashion and Wine Collide… November 14, 2012
- IVOR ALLISON: I have just watched the avuncular Tony Laithwaite ...
- Hibbert: Being a devoted fan of Manchester United & tha...
- Leen: I'll take a shot of that spo-dee-o-dee! Anybody ...
- J Robertsi: I signed up for one reason only: a 40 GBP voucher ...
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...